Tuesday, January 1, 2013

This must be it; welcome to the new year

This is going to be a heartfelt 'goodbye 2012' post because I like to reminisce about the year and have good things to say about 2013. First of all, 2013 does not roll off the tongue very well. It was so easy to type 2012 because of twos, and now I'm just going to type 2012...backspace 2, 3. It's a struggle.

Let's see, what has happened in 2012? Well, I graduated from high school, that is a fairly big deal. I became an adult in age, so I can cash in my own scratch tickets. I fell in love! That is a definite highlight of this year and the one thing I can remember the most.

2012 had significant ups and a lot of downs which can be tracked through my erratic blogging, but at least it's ending on a high note. A bitter-sweet high note for reasons relating to southern USA... But it's good, I'm starting off a new year in love, being loved, with amazing friends, and with brighter days ahead.

2013 (I did the whole backspace thing again) will be a year of brand new experiences and opportunities and I am excited and ready to plunge right in and I still need to get a calendar. I still have no idea what to choose. Life is difficult.

I don't have any resolutions. Maybe to just stay happy because life is good. Life is good.

The song from the lyrics in the title, a.k.a one of my favourite songs that relates to new years:


And I am going to smell like Beyonce this year, so that's a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment