Sunday, May 8, 2011

Last names

Stephanie Doughty
Stephanie Lamb
Stephanie Awesome
Stephanie Sauce
Stephanie Owl
Stephanie Fey
Stephanie Simmish
Stephanie Wendy
Stephanie Podephanie
Stephanie Flowerpot
Stephanie Moonface
Stephanie Toadephanie
Stephanie Young
Stephanie Lemon
Stephanie Frank
Stephanie Fridge-Magnet

I am not a huge fan of my last name. It's random and and no one knows how to pronounce it. It means brave, fearless, bold, courageous... The list continues. I may be all of those things, but I will change my name when/if I get married. *Insert forever alone face.*

I am a huge fan of last names that are common objects. I find them hilarious. If you have that boss and they go around calling you 'Lunch' out of habit of calling everyone by their last names, I'm sure this might happen often, "Someone go get me Lunch! 45 minutes late is not expectable!" I can see all the assistants and unimportant people looking around thinking, "Is this guy insane? It's 8:45am..."

I'm sure you can think of your own clever scenario involving another common word that could be a last name. I will even help you out; think of one with the last name Wetter and tell me about it later. Or now, depending I guess.

I also love it when people's last names rhyme with their first names. "That Randy Fandy is a pain in the ass." How can you take someone seriously? You sound like some made-up character from a children's book. "Randy Fandy is really depressed, I hope he doesn't do anything stupid." "AHAHA, Randy Fandy? What a name!"

Another last name group I enjoy are the two first names people. Like, you don't even have a last name. You have two first names. "Donna Kevin is here to see you." "Do you mean Donna and Kevin? I only have time for one interview." I imagine if her middle name is Anne it would be a whole lot worse. But Donna is just one person, don't let her name throw you off. Poor people.

Millions of people suffer from weird last names. It's something we deal with. No one really knows how we got our last names. Well, I'm sure some people do, but shh. I don't.

When I get married to Adam Young I will become Stephanie Young. Assuming we will never get divorced; I will sing Forever Young for the rest of my life. And it will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment