Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lost

I've started to watch the seasons of Lost and I'm so intrigued by it. I'm not one that loves turn around story plots and weird outcomes. I'm all about character development. I love watching what happens to the characters and how they are changing and who their friends are and who they fall in love with.

So, as I'm watching this show, I tend to shout things at the screen. A lot. Someone will be doing something stupid and there I will be yelling, "Fuck you! Nooo!" And when I'm feeling more silent I will just give the finger to someone. It's not all negative, I also yell things like, "Make-out more!" and, "I love you Kate!"

I always pick a favourite character. For some people, they always pick a person off to the side. I always pick the main characters. For Lost, it's Kate. For 30 Rock, it's Liz. For The Office, it's Pam. For Chuck, it's Sarah. I guess I pick the character that I strive to be or have similar characteristics with. Kate has a messed up past but that doesn't define her. She made herself new on the island. She is a strong, independent woman.

I guess what I'm getting at is that it would be so awesome to have a brand new start. Even if that means crashing on a deserted island with a bunch of strangers. Would you re-invent yourself? Would you show them who you really are? Would you try and connect at all?

Crazy? Yes.

The island on Lost might not be ideal, with it's polar bears, weird buttons and the Others. But it would be cool. Just to have that experience. Even if you couldn't share it with anyone because you don't really have a chance in hell of actually getting rescued.

I would probably die in the first week without internet though. But would it be as bad because it's not like a computer is sitting in front of you? So many questions. Another one being what do the girls do when they get their periods...?

Maybe I will just longboard to Australia and then fly Sydney to L.A. and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment