Monday, May 9, 2011

Hearts & Dog-Tags

    This is an original, on the spot kind of story, by Stephanie.

    "You can't leave Sammy. You're all I have. You're all I need."
     "Paul, get out of my way. I need to go."

Freeze.

    Paul and Sammy have their share of problems. Paul, a wife-beater wearing 'entrepreneur' and Sammy, a blonde anchorwomen, have their differences. Living in a small town like Weedner has it's ups and downs. Ups being that everybody knows your name, downs referring to the fact that they also know what you had for breakfast.
    When you live in Weedner you give up the rights to privacy. There are no secrets here. So when Sammy-the next thing to a celebrity-got offered a job in Graymont the news spread like wild-fire. See, Graymont is the next town over from Weedner. It's a little bit bigger, the people are a little more wealthy, and the food doesn't taste like freezer burnt rat-tail.
    
    You probably have a lot more questions. Let's head back a few days.
    "Sammy! Get in here! You need to see this!" Yelled Paul from the comfort of his Lazy-Boy.
    "What?" Asked Sammy, not rushing.
    "This guy, he not nailed! Look, look! Instant replay! OW!" Paul laughed, watching yet another football game.
    "Oh, cool... Hey, can you come with me? I want to get a new outfit for this news conference thing.."
    "What? You look great; new haircut or something?" Paul replied, distracted.
    "Kay, I'm going. Love you." Sammy was used to this.
    "Pick me up some waffles! The good kind!" But today, Sammy would forget the waffles.

    Let's take a look at some of these events. Paul and Sammy are high school sweethearts. They moved in right after graduation. Sammy, with honors, Paul... well, he passed. Sammy quickly got hired and started her career in the news area. Paul bought that chair he is sitting on today and continues to lounge.
    It's not like Paul isn't ambitious. He wants it all, fame, riches, a house that he didn't just get because his uncle died. He is just waiting for that idea. As an entrepreneur, Paul makes things and, when he feels up to the task, goes door-to-door to bother his neighbors about them. 
    Some of the things he has tried to sell include: eraser pig (a standard pink eraser with various push-pins), the 'Confetti Your Room' calendar (on special occasions a confetti cannon would go off), masturbation poncho (for men and woman), self destruct guitar (for serious rockers), and of course the 'In Real Life Pokémon' (these were a hit, but the Humane Society shut him down).
    Yes, Paul is a weird guy. But he's smart. Smart enough to keep Sammy around. She pays the bills, pays for his meals, and he loves her. Paul may not show it all the time, but he loves Sammy. Sammy is not a desperate girl, she has everything going for her. She doesn't need Paul. But she keeps him around too. 

    "Do you think we will ever get married?"
    "Don't be stupid Sammy. We will get married and we will be happy. Times are tough right now but one day I will get down on one knee, and even though my cut-off jeans won't protect me and knee will get bruised, I don't care. I will kneel before you and let out all this mushy stuff. You might cry Sammy. I won't though. Unless you say no. Then there might be some tears."
    "Paul, I will never say no."
    Things have changed since this night. What will the future hold for these two?

_________________________
Okay, there's the beginning of a very random story. I seriously just thought of that title randomly and started writing. Should I continue it? Do you like it? 
I have mixed feelings about it, but I think it's different. Maybe I will make this a weekly thing. Monday's ftw?

Jump to: Hearts and Dog-tags 2

No comments:

Post a Comment