Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Over thinking

This was one of my journal entries I thought I would share because of the feedback I got from it today. It's kind of a short story.

           The moon was high in the sky. Well, I guess the moon is always high in the sky. That will make me sound dumb. Maybe something about how it is full? But is it full or is it in one of those awkward stages when it looks full but it secretly has a sliver taken out of it? It's probably in an awkward stage like me. He's known for a while. Why am I just finding out?
           Wait... did he just say something or was that a yawn? His mouth definitely opened. Should I flip my hair and laugh like one of the Kardashian's? I wonder if he likes them. Maybe I should say that the woman ahead of us kind of looks like Kim. But what if it makes me seem that I like them when I really only like when they make fun of them on SNL? What if he is a member of the Kardashian fan club and ditches me to try and get a picture with the fake Kim?
           I sip my drink. That's safe. Sipping a drink, not talking, and not making eye contact. Just sipping and trying not to choke. Choking will not help my case right now.
           "Wow, the moon is huge tonight. It must be full, right?" He spoke. He spoke. He said something. It didn't even sound dumb. I make sure to carefully swallow my drink before answering.
           "Yeah, it looks pretty full to me." Am I smiling like an idiot or like a sensible woman? Probably like an idiot.
           "I dare you to go up to that woman and ask her for her autograph." He wasn't smiling like an idiot. This is too perfect though; I had to ask.
           "Which woman?"
           "The one that looks like that one Kardashian... what's her name? They do a great impression of her on SNL. Do you watch SNL?"
           I feel like this is the start of a great evening.

__________________________
I seemed a lot longer in my journal, but I think it's cute. There was no topic for that one, just whatever you wanted.

This was the teachers comments: "I LOVE THIS! You have talent! Write a book. I will buy it. I will read it!"

I am still smiling. She also came up to me and told me that she loves to read my journal and that, "You will make a great comedy writer one day," and that's when I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot in class. I think some other people heard her tell that to me so that was also awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment