Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Perspective

Have you ever thought about how you're the only one in your head? You're the only one reading this post from where you are at this very moment? I'm the only one coming up with these words to type out for this blog. We are all inside our own heads and the person next to you will forever be a mystery.

I often think about this. Maybe too often. I think about it when I'm walking or in car and I pass by someone I've never seen before. I think about how small I am because all these people are going to their destination. They have their plan set and are putting it into motion. What is their plan though? Who are they? Where are they going? Do they wonder who I am? Will I ever see this person again?

As I am looking at this strangers face, what are they seeing? Our eyes see two completely different things at the same time. They are thinking thinking about something I can't even think of because we're different. They know different things then me. They're brains don't work the same. What they're doing or thinking of could actually matter. It could change something. It could be important.

Have you ever thought about how your problems are that of one person? There are so many people doing their own thing, fighting their own battles, living their own dreams, and here you are. Do you matter? Of course you matter. You matter to yourself and to the people around you and to me.

It's just that unknowing. It always comes back to the unknowing. The things that we will never know. What are they thinking? What are they doing at this very moment? How are they living? What are they doing? I remember when I was little and I often thought about what celebrities were doing, particularly Sporty Spice. My imagination went as far as playing soccer, I'm sure I was close... I just like to know and wonder.

I love observing people. Seeing them laugh at something I can't hear or make a face or any sort of reaction because it's probably a reaction I will never understand because I am not them. Let's create a scenario: I start talking about tacos to someone I do not know very well. Their face crinkles up in slight disgust. I notice, but do not say anything. Little do I know it's because she ate tacos last week with her boyfriend and he got food poisoning and barfed taco chunks on her favourite shirt.

The word taco triggered her memory. But if you said taco to me, I would just think of eating tacos at my house, which is quite wonderful. Everyone is different. Everyone is going to have a different thought process and reaction and you will never understand. You'll just sit there thinking, "Why did I tell that stupid taco story? She obviously thought it was stupid because of that look on her face." But no one knows what people are thinking. No one except them

This blog was kind of everywhere. This is what you should have learned: You're forever your own person, you will never know everything, you matter, people are different than you, tacos are good and bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment