Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Last Day on Earth


           The last day in my home. The last day with my friends and family. I've never been good with goodbyes... So I really hope this camera quality is clear. I hope the audio quality is clear too. I've heard that in space sometimes alien transmitters can get in the signal's way.
           Though it is my last day on good ol' Earth, it doesn't have to be my last day living. See, I've been planning this for years. I've built my spaceship. I've gathered supplies. I've selected a crew that I'll be able to live with for years without getting sick of them.
           It's my duty to go off and collect random objects from space to send them back to Earth for scientists to do their scientist thing. I collect, they study. It's a simple process.
           Well, it was a simple process... until everything went horribly wrong. My carefully selected crew started disappearing one by one. Murder? Space madness? Alien invasions? The remaining five crew members and I didn't have a clue. That is, until Stacy disappeared.
           I know what you're thinking, “You really picked a girl named Stacy as your crew member?” And I will reply with a yes. She is cooler than her name lets on and is a dedicated... was a dedicated member to our team. Okay, she was the worst, stop giving me that look.
           Stacy was found in the storage room. Her face stuffed with dehydrated mashed potatoes. Her hands clinging to packaged snack-cakes. Her eyes darting between our faces as she was very much alive.
           It seems as though Stacy was ditching off crew members one by one so she could have extra food. Murder is a crime in space law, but stealing food is an unforgivable offense. We had no choice but to send her off in an Earth Pod with some space junk we collected.
           Oh no... we didn't fill the Earth Pod with supplies!? Stacy was supposed to do that... yes, we'll blame her. (Just like it was so easy to blame her for the murders.)
Space transmission out.

____________________
Another journal entry that I am using for my final project and reading in front of the class... Only because this was the teachers comment:
"Okay- you are scary talented. This piece is so edgy and funny. I'm in awe! :)"
Hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment