Sunday, March 27, 2011

Song Writing

I can't for the life of me write a song. A song with actual words anyways.

I will always have this random lyric or just idea but when I try to write it down or add onto it, it turns into a heap of fail sauce.

I listen to endless songs about love or heartbreak or happiness or sadness and maybe it's because I have next to no experience in anything to take those life moments and change them into a melody that sounds decent enough for someone to want to listen to.

I do love instrumental music though. I like to make up a guitar riff and add it to some ukulele chords or the other way around. I can sit cross-legged forever on my floor and just belt out how I'm feeling through the music.


I don't have the best of anything but I like that you don't need the most fancy or expensive instrument to produce the same music.

I'll keep you posted on the song writing, I won't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment