Thursday, February 2, 2012

Free Falling

But not John Mayer's version, because that's gross.

Things are looking up. My new semester is nice. I have time during the day to be productive at school. I think I know what I want to do with myself. I am not sleeping, but who needs sleep when you have to wake up even earlier than before? (Cry, cry.)

I volunteered at a church event (I don't know if it's an event, but whatever) to have a hot meal for homeless people. All in a days work. Just helping out with the homeless and whatnot. I knew my hometown has a big homeless issue, but you really don't take that much notice until it is right in front of you. The room was quickly filled with the elderly, the mentally ill, and the addicted. I'm sure there are a lot more classifications, but these are the ones that I remember. It was a totally new experience.

I bought a fancy journal for my writers craft course today. (From the poor, to new things. That's how I do it here.) I am excited to start! I am going to do that after I finish with this. Maybe I will type out each entry after so you can read my beauty! Or maybe not, I'm not sure. It's a really informal thing, which I also enjoy.

For our big, end of the year, project we have to produce any kind of writing that is minimum of 10 pages. I was thinking of maybe finishing my screenplay and handing that in. Maybe a little drastic, but she said some people hand in 100 pages. I would love to do it, and since I have a spare during the day, I plan to be working on it anyways.

I have set a lot of personal goals for myself recently. They are crazy and big and will take time, but I think they are manageable. I am glad I am doing it. I am glad I am doing something.

I am also watching a lot of television still. I regret nothing. Television is my life. I don't think that will ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment