Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Go for it

I auditioned for my musical today. I sang in front of people. I've never done anything like it before. Last year I did not audition for a singing role. It's was such a weird experience but I do not regret it for a minute.

I signed up yesterday because I was very iffy about the whole thing, but then said fuck it and wrote my name at the bottom of the list and stressed about it for 24 hours.

I did something new.

I faced my fears.

I did not die.

I've been doing this quite a bit this year. Going out of my comfort zone. Because why the hell not? I don't actually have to be there, might as well do some crazy stuff. The audition itself was not flawless. I was nervous of course, but the physical nerves didn't hit until like 3/4 through the first song. Then I got a little shaky, but it was not horrible.

I think it's because I did not care. I do not care if I get a call back or get a big part, I just wanted to do it to say that I auditioned. The teacher was saying that out of all the kids in the school only a small few can say that they had the balls to get in front of people and sing, and that really stuck with me. People were also crying after. I did not. 

So go do something you wouldn't have done yesterday. Do something you couldn't imagine yourself doing last year. Do something and just say fuck it. I will not say YOLO, but it was implied, yes.











I really wanted to start rapping/singing No Diggity. Should I do a cover? I'm such a good rap-ist. (Parks and Rec reference to my homies).

No comments:

Post a Comment