Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Quick writes

My sociology teacher does this thing where she puts a question up on the board and we answer it. We do about 4 each week and she collects them every 2 weeks. The questions range from personal to about sociology.

One of my greatest strengths is expressing myself through writing, so I quite enjoy these. It lets my teacher get to know me without actually having to talk. When I'm writing, I don't care what I say. I have no limits when I answer these questions, which I guess is kind of weird.

We did our first quick writes of this semester today. The question was something like: If you were my age (she's 34), where would you be living? Where would you be working? What would you do in your spare time?

I found this the perfect opportunity to show a completely different side of myself.

This is my answer: I am living in New York City. I live in a cozy apartment with my mentally unstable roommate named Kat. I am a writer for a new television show. I spend my free time hanging out with my best friend, and mentor, Tina Fey. Everything is wonderful.

In grade 9 French we had to do this presentation about our role models. I talked about Tina Fey. It's the same teacher. I don't know if she will remember, but I think it's pretty funny.

On the first day of class we went around the room finding people that matched these different things, like, I play an instrument, or I've met a famous person. When we were finished we talked about each thing and put up our hands if we do that or have done it.

It felt weird telling the class that I play guitar and ukulele (the teacher was surprised), and telling them I met Doris Roberts and having to explain who she is and where I met her. I can't remember how many I shared, and each time I put my hand up, how surprised the teacher was. It felt good.

Sociology is definitely my favourite class.

No comments:

Post a Comment