Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Getting to know someone

One of the best feelings in the known universe is truly getting to know another person. People intrigue me to no end. We're so complex and have so many memories and stories and relationships. I love learning about someone elses experiences.

I love when it all happens organically. When you talk about your day and personal things slip through. Because, like the weird super-human I am, I remember everything. And then I make a catalogue in my head about that person and it fills up when I learn a new thing and it may be very creepy, but I can't really help it.

I don't do this for everyone I meet because I don't like knowing everyone I meet. And I want them to get to know me too. There needs to be a mutual willingness to learn and share, but not in a corny way. I look at getting to know someone like when you introduce a character in a book or movie. You can't just dump facts about them, but everything will present itself in due time.

And you have to be yourself. I make a fool of myself many times in a day, but I think people really like that. If you're being yourself, they will be themselves and everything will be magic.

And you'll know far too much about an Asian named Tina, have a good cop/bad cop persona, have a plan to become millionaires from a guide to get your dog to love you (copyrighted), and embrace being a teenage old lady.

I love meeting new people.


No comments:

Post a Comment