Sunday, October 7, 2012

No names or faces

"Why do you do that?" Teasing.
"Do what?" Caught off guard.
"Smile like an idiot when I walk in the room." Laughing, joking.
"I... I didn't. I just wasn't expecting you this early..." Nervous.
"I'm actually late." Sits beside.
"Oh, I must have lost track of time." Lying.
"It doesn't matter. Give me some of that blanket."
"Do you want the remote?"
"What's on?"
"I was watching this dumb movie."
"What's it about?" Leaning.
"Two people, unexpected friendship, the usual."
"Do they fall in love?" Smiling.
"I haven't seen the ending." Bites lip.
"Maybe we should keep watching." Silence.

Stories don't need names or faces. They can start and stop where you want. They need a writer, a reader, and imagination. These two people are who you want them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment