Monday, August 15, 2011

Community

The best part of any show is the unlikely friendships. In 30 Rock you have Jack and Liz, in Parks and Recreation you have Leslie and Ben, in Chuck you have Casey and Morgan. Every show has them.

I started watching Community. I'm only 8 episodes in, but I only started watching tonight. It's a pretty good show so far. I started watching it because it's on at 8 on Thursdays on NBC. Now my Thursdays can start at 8 instead of 8:30. I think for the future.

Community is about people attending a community collage. The cast is so diverse, which leads to so many unlikely friendships. You have the sassy black lady who is friends with the young overachieving white girl who is friends with a football star who is friends with a TV obsessed guy who is friends with a creepy old man who is friends with a charismatic lawyer who is friends with a girl named Britta, like the filter. Together they make their Spanish study group.

It's a funny show. I have a weird sense of humor. I usually like smart funny with a shit load of satire. I like flashbacks, and one-liners, and snappy comebacks. I was thinking about how I can go a whole movie or show without actually laughing out loud, but still find it funny. Is that normal? I don't laugh at a lot of things it seems. Like YouTube. I almost never actually laugh at YouTube videos, but I will still find it funny and worth watching.

I also have the ability to watch the same episode of a show, or a movie, or read a book, over and over again. Like, my favourite episode of 30 Rock is called Retreat to Move Forward. I watched it again yesterday. I have seen it like 10 times and it doesn't bother me that I can say the lines with the characters, if anything, it makes it more enjoyable. That goes for any show. Flu Season is my favourite Parks and Recreation episode, I also watched it again yesterday. I have seen it like 10 times too. I would watch the both again today.

The more I watch something, the more I like it. I don't care if I know what happens. You just enjoy it in the moment.



I just learned that Late Night with Jimmy Fallon will not be new for two weeks. TWO FULL WEEKS WILL NO JIMMY.


Pictures show my emotions. I hope you like them. Now, back to more Community and SNL.

No comments:

Post a Comment