Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Award Season

Award season has hit off with the Golden Globes of course. I love award season because, as you probably know, I am a celebrity obsessed nut ball with certain famous people. Someone should seriously secretly film me while I am watching one. It's hilarious. Anytime Tina comes on especially. I freak out a little bit and by little bit I mean a whole lot. The phrase, "Marry me and have my children," seems to come up a lot while I'm watching these shows.

I also make acceptance speeches. I honestly can't help myself. Throughout the commercials I just sit there and talk to myself as if I am talking to the ballroom and holding my very own Globe. Insane, right?

I just enjoy it. I love events where celebrities get together, like for Betty White's birthday. That was wonderful. I of course thought of a birthday speech for her too, but I am going to talk about this speech thing at my next meeting with my shrink.

It's just so crazy that someone can live to be 90. My Great Nana lived to be 97. My Nannie is going to be celebrating her 80th birthday in a couple weeks. And here I am at 17. I just wrap my brain around it. Around the unknown, around the future, around getting old.

For now I am just going to keep watching these award shows, keep writing these speeches, and keep dreaming, because what else am I going to do for 80 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment