Friday, December 9, 2011

Commotion

So I joined this group 12 weeks ago. I thought that I might as well do it because it seemed that it appealed to me. Of course I was worried. Of course I had doubts. I never would have expected it would have turned out like this.

I used to be that quiet girl who didn't talk, watched too much TV, and spent her time writing on this blog. These 12 weeks have helped me grow as a person. I am preforming for audiences and showcasing my talents and getting to know strangers and letting them know me. I have found new passions and explored interests and best of all, found out that I am actually good at them.

I was talking to one of the leader people and he was telling me that he really thought I was doing a good job. He was saying that I was listening to my scene partners and making eye contact and just really engaging in the performance. He asked if I was friends with anyone in my group beforehand. I said not really, just a couple were acquaintances. He said, well, you must have been in a drama class with some of them or something. I told him that I've never taken a drama class in high school. Whenever people hear that they are shocked, which I take as a great complement.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say. I guess that I am extremely grateful that I continued through with this program. I am glad I got to experience this side of myself because even though I have huge dreams, I never thought I actually held talent in the acting department. I am proud of myself that I took all the nerves and stress and turned it into an actual play. I am glad that I made friends, some of which I think will stay. And, lastly, I am devastated that it ends tomorrow.

We have two more shows tomorrow. One at 3pm and one at 7pm. And then what? I will go home and watch SNL and life will resume into the mess it was. My Wednesday's and Thursday's will not be special anymore. My weekends will be blurs.

I need to do something else, but I don't know what and that scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment