Monday, November 21, 2011

So, I didn't win the contest...

I was going to blog about how pissed I am, but something totally strange just happened, so I thought I would blog about this instead.

So, I finally get home, and I go into the bathroom to be pissed in solitude. I hear the phone ring. I hear my dad talking to someone. He mentions something about Indiana. Then he comes and knocks on the door. I'm like, "What?" heatedly and then he walks away and continues to chat. Then a little while later, he knocks again and I hear my mom yell like, it's someone from a contest.

So I'm like super confused. So I come out and get the phone and it's some random dude from some random guitar guy from some random place I've never heard of. He's like, "Did you enter this blah guitar contest?" Me, "Uh, I guess? Yeah..." and then he was asking me about my guitar and if I do any recording and I'm like, what the fuck is going on? And he's like, "Well, I will shoot you and e-mail and you can ask me any questions and stuff."

The e-mail is very personal and as confusing. I don't know if this is like a runner-up prize or something. He seems like he is a legit musician and stuff, it was just super random and really bad timing.

I'm pretty sure the contest was to win a nice guitar that I entered a really long time ago. I don't know if I am going to answer him. I should and be like, "I am more into ukulele at the moment." Or maybe he will become my online boyfriend from Indiana.

Today has been a weird day.

Best line from the e-mail:  It may seem extraordinary that I'm writing with all this info, but I want you to know that when you call me, you're getting a real music industry professional and not an order taker.

No comments:

Post a Comment