Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Let's rant

There is this new show, on NBC Thursdays, called Whitney. It comes on after all my favourite programming, so I thought I would try it out. Community- Wonderful. Parks and Recreation- Wonderful. The Office- Wonderful. Whitney- Turned it off after four minutes.

I right away could not go from a filmed show, to two mocumentaries, to a show filmed in front of a live studio audience. The pause loud laughter after every stupid joke made me want to cry. To me, it feels like it takes away what you personally find funny. SNL is also filmed in front of a live audience, but it is a live show, so it's okay.

The following Friday, I saw that Whitney was on. I thought, for a good continence, I better sit through one full episode to really be able to judge it. The show is bad. And through the entire episode, only one line I can remember. The line was a rape joke. It was about how the boyfriend still had sex with her even though she was drugged on Tylenol PM. It just pissed me off more then anything. Like, that is not funny.

So, the show is bad. But my rant does not stop there. The creator of the show, and it just so happens that she stars in it too, is Whitney Cummings. Now, it's one thing to make a bad show, but it's another to talk bad about other shows while your show is out there being awful.

Whitney talks about how her show will save NBC. How her show can be relatable because she doesn't think shows have sexy, relatable characters anymore. That's what pisses me off. We have Liz Lemon, and Leslie Knope, and all the women on Community, (mostly Britta Perry).

Whitney is just a cliche show about relationships. Whitney is just 'one of the guys' who has a bad sex life so she tries to spice things up with a sexy costume. Never heard of that shit before.

Whitney was picked up for a full season today, that's why I decided to rant about how awful it is. So, to recap: Whitney the show = The worst. Whitney the person = The worst.

Get out of NBC Thursdays, bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment