Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cold

As I am sitting here typing this, my elbows are touching the glass surface of my desk and becoming chilled. Everything in my room has a still feel to it today. Everything is frozen. The air is even still. For once in months my window isn't open, trailing in a cool breeze to slight the temperature in my small room. If I were to open it now, I would be too worried about the water freezing over in Lemon and Li'l Sebastian's bowl.
I keep thinking, "Winter is here," but it isn't. Autumn just started. Fall is my favourite season. It's sweater weather, which is the best kind of weather out there. Fall is also home to the best colours; orange, yellow, green, brown, red. Autumn is for celebration and decoration. My family does not skimp of any opportunity to decorate.
 We've had the furnace on once in September, but only because we were not use to the decline in temperature. It probably wasn't as cold as it is now. When my Dad gets home, he will probably mention something about turning on the furnace, which will cause my Mom to argue that we don't need it on yet. This is a normal occurrence with the change in seasons.
Personally, it doesn't bother me, the cold that is. As long as I have warm pajamas, a big blanket, and can always think of a third thing while listing things, I am fine for the day. Today I am going to curl up and read a good book. That book is Oryx and Crake by Margret Atwood. Speaking of which, I have another blog about said book for my English class. Feel free to check it out.
It's weird blogging only for the soul purpose for another person. I write this blog more for myself then for anyone who happens to read it. It's also weird having to blog about one thing, and the fact that when that one thing is over, the blog is useless. I like the fact that I am an experienced blogger. My teacher was trying to explain to me how Blogspot works, and I just nodded along. I'm worried that my classmates will somehow find this blog, I don't know how, but it might happen. The idea of my peers getting to know me this way makes me cringe.
I know I always blog about season changes, but that's because it fascinates me to no end. Every month (in Canada, anyways) there are changes outside. To our environment. To out lifestyle. I understand why seasons change, but it is still so magical.
I now have to go venture outside and take pictures for this blog that by this point in your reading, you will already have seen them. Blog-ception? I hope you are enjoying not only your day, but your existence. Without your existence, no one would be reading this and even though I write for myself, it is infinity gratifying to be able to share it.
It is freezing outside. I really like the pictures though. I edited them all to give them kind of a dull look because I am a photographer. I'm joking, but I hope you like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment