Monday, October 3, 2011

Russia

This is a true story. A story that happened to me today. I am laughing while writing this.

This girl that I sit next to in one of my classes, who I am friendly with, turns to me today. This is the conversation we had:

Her: Were you born in Canada?
Me: (Kind of laughs) What? Yeah, why?
Her: Oh, I thought you were like Russian or something.
Me: (Still kind of laughing) What? No, I'm not any part Russian.
Her: Oh, it's just because you have a little accent sometimes when you say some words.
Me: (Forever laughing) Really? Now I am going to be self conscious about my random accent.


I was really surprised. I guess you never really know how people see you until they just come out and ask if you're Russian.

Still though, I don't think I have an accent... do I have an accent?

No comments:

Post a Comment