Monday, April 18, 2011

Over-sized and yellow

Despite your best guess, I am not in a banana costume, in a Sponge-Bob suit or talking about a character from The Simpson's penis.
I am talking about this awesome track-suit though.

I am a frequent borrower of my mothers track-pants for many reasons, some of which include:

  1. She has a lot of them.
  2. They always seem to be clean.
  3. I only have three pairs.
  4. Mine never seem to be clean.
These yellow ones are by far my favourite. They are soft and warm and the elastic band is not worn out one bit. They remind me of my childhood because my mom has been wearing them forever. I actually find it so weird that I can fit into them because my mom had them when I was little and could see no way ever fitting into them back then.

Getting into all these nostalgic feelings, I decided to go ask my mom where she came across this wonderful yellow outfit and when. 

I'll just be right back...

As I walked into the kitchen my dad called me Little Lynn. Anyways, I got the information.

My mother purchased this delightful ensemble at 'Crazy Lee's'. Yeah, I thought she was joking too. It was the late 80's so fashion wasn't really at it's highest point. Woah, I just thought of something. Maybe the sweater is stretched out so much because my mom wore it when she was pregnant. Mind blown.

I don't think I've ever read the sweater before, this is what it says:

Superior Quality, JEANWORKS, Outdoor Gear,
LIMITED EDITION, EST. 1882
They really don't make them like this anymore.

This is my 'stay-home' look.
I know you're jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment