Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hearts & Dog-Tags 9

When I do the Hearts & Dog-Tags I won't do a daily Adam.
Today has been lazy. It's the Old Man's birthday, so we did birthday stuff. At least I can look forward to cake later. CAKKKEEE.

    "And that's a wrap. Please sign Franny's retirement card before you leave! The woman has been here since before most of you were born. Have some respect for the old. Last, whoever is filming YouTube videos from the studio cameras, please stop. We know who you are and we will tell everyone if it continues. How pathetic."
    "Patrick, you talk to us like school children."
    "Have you seen people around here Jill? I am the producer of Channel Two News! I am the lead singer of this band, baby. All of you are just my groupies. You can be replaced."
    "I'm so sorry you feel that way Patty. I quit. Good luck finding a new technical equipment manager before the show tomorrow."
    "That's the third time this month that someone has quit." Sammy whispered to Jerry.
    "It's because Patrick is such a jerk."

    Patrick Robert Froster grew up in Graymont. He moved to this step-down town from Graymont because of financial reasons. That is what he tells people. He is never satisfied until he at the top. When Sammy's old boss had to leave due to health problems, Patrick was promoted to the producer.
    He started making changes instantly. People of Weedner do not love change. When Patrick came in with his bad attitude no one wanted to stay. Most put up with it but a small few could not handle it. The numbers of the cast and crew were slowly decreasing.

    "Unimportant people! Listen up again! We appear to need a new tech nerd. If any of you knows anyone who is in the slightest qualified, then bring them by tomorrow. I will be able to hire a top notch geek over the weekend. There will be a Friday show people, or else. Now get out of here."
    "Do you know anyone Jerry?" Sammy asked as they were walking out.
    "No, and I wouldn't bring them if I did."
    "Why not?"
    "Why would I want to bring friends or family into this torture?"
    "It's our show too though."
    "Correction, it's yours. I just film it. There won't be a whole lot of filming if the cables aren't hooked up. Patrick is going to go crazy tomorrow!" Jerry laughed.

    Sammy was worried. Jerry was right, it was her show. She had to sit in that chair and read out the news in front of that camera. They were going to disappoint hundreds if the news wasn't on.

    "Paul... You work with wires and stuff right?"
    "Sure. I guess. Why?"
    "Our technical equipment manager quit today. We need someone to do tech stuff. Just for tomorrow."
    "That sounds really complected. I don't know..."
    "Please just come down and try! We are desperate."
    "Fine. But you have to agree to some terms and conditions."
    "What Paul?"
    "Fast food for all meals of the day. That's breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner. Do we have a deal?"
    "Yeah, fine, whatever."

    Sammy and Paul left for the studio early. After a quick stop for some greasy breakfast, they arrived. Sammy introduced him to everyone.

    "Patrick, this is Paul. He is going to try and fill in for Jill today."
    "Great! Thank you so much!" Patrick held out his hand for Paul to shake.
    "Yeah... you too. Where is the bathroom, I have to go now." Paul ran off without shaking his hand. Sammy ran after him.
    "What's wrong?"
    "That guy... I've seen him before."
    "Weedner is a small town."
    "No Sammy, give me your phone. Now!"
    "Okay, here, what's going on!?"
    "I'm calling the police."

    The police arrived soon after. Patrick didn't put up a fight. It seems that Patrick Robert Froster is actually Greg Patrick Walled who is also know as the guy who murdered his wife.
    He's been on the run for three years.

    "I watch a lot of TV. I recognized him right away. I just wanted to get out of there and I knew I had to call the police because that dude, is you know, a killer."
    "More from Paul, our local hero, later."

    The show turned out better then expected. Paul hooked up the cables easily and Sammy got to interview her boyfriend and the local hero on live television. Sammy lived up to her terms and conditions and Paul was a little famous.
    For weeks people would stop Paul and say, "Hey, you're that guy!"
    He sure was 'that guy'.

___________
The cake was good, just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment