Saturday, July 16, 2011

Drawing within a picture thing

I just sat outside for an hour trying something. But I failed, then it got dark.

I could explain to you what I was doing, but I don't know if it actually has a name. I tried Googleing it, but to no avail and it's making me angry.

Okay, I found something.

The concept: make a stylized pencil rendering of a given real-life tableau, hold your drawing in front of the tableau so that the drawing's edges match up with the real scene, then take the picture.


^this is what I'm trying to do. I failed outside. It is a lot harder then I thought! I am so fascinated with it though. 


Here, I just did this one. It is poorly done, but it will give you more of an idea of what it is:




Now do you see what I mean? You draw a picture that changes the scene of the actual photo. There are no swings and a ladder of my bonsai for the tiny people to play and climb on. But now you're like, the tiny people are real! I knew it!


I find it so awesome. We can literally alter reality. Well, not really, but it looks awesome. 


I'm going to probably do a lot more of these... or try to. Maybe tomorrow I won't start to do this at 8:20pm.


But yes, it is a lot harder then it looks because you have to match up the background and stuff. 


I hope there are tiny people living in my bonsai. That would be awesome. We could become friends and they could share all their tiny wisdom with me. So much tiny wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment