Friday, July 1, 2011

UNO-tastic Canada Day

Today was a weird day. Because of my slight mental breakdown in the early AM, I decided that I was not going to spend time with anyone. I had big plans involving SNL and Arrested Development.

My mom always has different ideas for holiday's. It doesn't matter how insignificant the holiday may be. She woke me up with a 'special Canada Day breakfast' that was just a strawberry smoothie in a plastic cup with maple leaves on it. It was pretty good.

I still had no plans to spend anytime with my family though. My mom kept asking what was wrong and if I was okay, which I responded with nothing and I'm fine like always. She was obviously hurt and I was just a stupid teenager with teenage problems.

I watched an episode of SNL and an episode of Arrested Development. In a spontaneous move, I then just put on my bathing suit (a.k.a skimpy bikini) and just jumped in the pool. Just like that. I just did it. It was cold. It was awesome.

It woke me up. My mother was happy. She didn't want me to go back in the house. So I actually didn't. We played this weird triangle game with golf tee's. I was not good at it. Even after many rounds, I didn't come back into this house to sit at this computer.

We played UNO. All of us. My bother, dad, mom, and I. It was weird... We usually don't even talk to each other. As little as possible, but today is a holiday after all.

I watched my family get progressively more drunk as I drank Snapple and Dr. Pepper. We played game after game. We also kept score. Somehow I lost.

UNO is a great way to bring a family together apparently. My brother loosened up after a couple beers and was actually fun. My dad would swear at his card and my mom would yell at him to watch his language even though I am the youngest, at 16. I've heard and say worse mother. And I'm, of course, always my hilarious self.

This was also all outside. I was outside for a good part of the day. What has become of me? Spending time with the fam-jam... while outside? It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I came back inside around 5:30 and spent the next three hours doing this:







I think they came out okay. They look pretty cool and will impress people, yet they are simple. That's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment