Sunday, July 24, 2011

SpongeBob and fish tanks

Nick Canada has had a week long SpongeBob marathon. It is pretty much 24/7. As a teenager on summer vacation, I couldn't be happier! I've been watching it mostly in the mornings and late at night. When I couldn't sleep I just watched SpongeBob like nobody's business.

It ends today though, which I am very sad about! What will I do with my sleepless nights now? There isn't much on TV from 2-5am.

There are some things that piss me off about the show though. I know what you're thinking, it's SpongeBob, the show makes no sense anyways, it's main purpose is to piss off parents. And I understand that. When I watch the show, I try not to think too much into it, but these things are hard to miss.

Patrick is the biggest piss off. Like, get better friends SpongeBob. He is selfish and stupid and loud and destructive. I don't see how anyone puts up with him. I personally want to punch him in the face. I hope he at least teaches kids to find good friends and not model them after Patrick.

I also hate how the episodes end so abruptly! Like, you just get the point of it of the little lesson and it's done. Sometimes you don't know know it's done until the next one starts or the credits roll and you're like, oh...

This one is obvious, but it bugs me. How they live underwater but they don't use that to any advantage. They are sea creatures, that live in the sea, yet they live their lives like humans? With fire, and how they have to go to a lake to swim. How they have hoses and watering cans. How SpongeBob is a sponge, but needs some other kind of water source to be able to hold water.

But then you think, it's SpongeBob, it doesn't have to make sense. The one thing I really think is funny is how everything on the surface is real. I think that is an interesting twist. It really makes the sea magical.

On a separate note, I just spent like 2 hours cleaning and setting up a fish tank! Stephanie, why would you do that? Because! I am going to get some fish! Instead of just getting one male betta, I am going to make a feminist move and get a female betta. I'm not too sure yet though. Maybe I will get a different kind of fish. I also want a snail, so who knows!

I am excited though, the tank is pretty tricked out already. There is a 75% chance that I will name the fish Liz Lemon, but feel free to offer me suggestions for other names!


No comments:

Post a Comment